Sunday, August 23, 2009

Azores v. 4.7


This fisherman was just coming from the sea and proudly unloading his catch in Santo Amaro's little port. He then quickly returned for more.


I can't remember the name of this place, but it's near Santo Amaro. You can see roofs like this one, reinforced with lava rocks, throughout the Azores. I guess the tale of the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf goes on a little bit different around here :)


I struggled to get the BLUE of the ocean right and this was the better I managed to. I kept changing camera settings but to no avail... grrrrrr...! It then started pouring. Typical. To give you an idea of how clear the water is, the rocks you can see underwater are at least 4m deep. Baía de Engrade.


Calheta de Nesquim is a picturesque little village on the southeastern coast of Pico very much worth a visit. I'll surely get back there sometime this week.


This was taken on a dark, dangerous path on the edge of earth, leading somewhere... I'll be back with a machete, bear traps and mountain boots instead of sandals.


Injured animals keep coming at me... I couldn't understand why Bugs was unable to run, he was just happily walking on the tarmac when I saw him.


He's this big... I left him in a sunny patch of grass, hoping for the best...

(...)

... and, tomorrow is the big day! I won't be able to share the images, as they will be in slide and b&w film (!!!), but I will try and put together some words about the experience, eh, eh, eh!

No comments: